Another quick and healthy proposition. Buckwheat with mushrooms.
There is a place in my kitchen full of dried mushroom filled glass jars. Last year’s mushroom season was very fruitful and I have so much of the dried mushrooms that it seems like the number of filled jars stays the same. Mind this – I am not complaining. Just wondering if I ever use it up before the next mushroom season begins (actually, just like with the bicycling season, the mushroom one lasts throughout the year and does not have a beginning and an end).
Today, the Little Buddha experience:
- soak mushrooms in water overnight
- cook buckwheat in that mushroomy water
- in the meantime, stew the mushrooms in a frying pan (we have some fat collected from roasting goose not a long time ago)
- add chopped onion and watch it become soft and translucent
- add a splash of Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper
- add the cooked buckwheat
- add a little bit of chopped chicory
- add a chopped tomato
- add crushed and chopped garlic
Stir all for a few minutes on low heat. Sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving. Enjoy. It is quick, healthy and damn cheap.